CCP is a professional medical organization committed to the healing mission of Medicine. CCP specializes in providing comprehensive cardiology care and currently has over 30 locations throughout the Philadelphia area. The Vascular Technician performs noninvasive vascular testing procedures, e.g., carotid duplex scans, arterial evaluations, venous duplex scans, and abdominal duplex scans on patients as ordered by a physician. Effectively operates machinery and prepares preliminary interpretations on the presence or absence of any abnormalities in the studies.
The Vascular Technician performs clinical assessment and diagnostic ultrasound examinations of the carotid, aortoiliac, lower extremity, and renal arteries, as well as lower extremity venous insufficiency studies. Maintains exceptional patient care. Responds to patient questions and concerns regarding exam procedures and processes. Effectively operates machinery and prepares preliminary interpretations on the presence or absence of any abnormalities in the studies. Venous ablation and/or interventional guidance experience is a plus, but is not required for consideration.
- Obtains and reviews the patient's medical history and related patient test reports. Greets patient, explains test procedures to patient and answers patient's questions.
- Monitors patient condition during exam and immediately reports significant changes to appropriate personnel.
- Performs diagnostic ultrasound and vascular procedures. Evaluates images in accordance with professional practice standards.
- Responsible for accurately interpreting each study in a timely manner, producing a preliminary report for physicians review, as well as making any needed corrections on the final report, once the physicians have given their interpretation.
- Documents in each patient chart, type of test and date performed.
- Maintains and order all necessary supplies and materials for the lab.
- Registered Vascular Technologist (RVT) or Registered Vascular Specialist (RVS)
- Certified by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) or Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI)
- Venous ablation and/or interventional guidance experience is a plus, but is not required for consideration.
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree desirable
- Minimum of 2 years' experience as a RVT or RVS
- Knowledge of the IAC certification process helpful
- Working knowledge of OSHA standards and of HIPPA Rules and regulations
- Must be detailed-oriented and meticulous when performing procedures to assure that all regulations are being followed
Cardiology Consultants of Philadephia provides medical, vision, dental, 401k, profit sharing, LTD, generous PTO and paid holiday time.