Cardiology Consultants of Philadelphia is a professional medical organization committed to the healing mission of Medicine. CCP specializes in providing comprehensive cardiology care and currently has over 40 locations throughout the Philadelphia area.
We are currently hiring a full time Vascular Sonographer . This position entails weekday daytime hours in a private practice office setting. Cases are primarily arterial-based including carotid, aortoiliac, and lower arterial duplex, along with a portion of the work involving ergonomically correct venous insufficiency studies. Experience in venous ablation guidance is a very strong plus. Two to three years of clinical experience is required.
The Vascular Technologist performs clinical assessment and diagnostic ultrasound examinations of the carotid, aortoiliac, lower extremity, and renal artery systems, as well as lower extremity venous insufficiency studies; maintains exceptional patient care; responds to patient questions and concerns regarding exam procedures and processes; effectively operates machinery and prepares preliminary interpretations on the presence or absence of any abnormalities in the studies. Venous ablation and/or other interventional guidance experience is a strong plus.
- Obtains and reviews the patient’s medical history and related patient test reports. Greets patient, explains test procedures to patient and answers patient’s questions.
- Monitors patient condition during exam and immediately reports significant changes to appropriate personnel.
- Performs diagnostic ultrasound and vascular procedures. Evaluates images in accordance with professional practice standards.
- Responsible for accurately interpreting each study in a timely manner, producing a preliminary report for physician review and interpretation. as well as making any needed corrections on the final report, once the physicians have given their interpretation.
- Documents in each patient chart the type of test and date performed.
- Has knowledge of and keeps up with all necessary, daily, monthly, and annual care and maintenance of ultrasound equipment. Troubleshoot any potential equipment problems. Reports all malfunctioning equipment as necessary.
- Maintains and order all necessary supplies and materials for the lab.
- Documents patient’s primary care physician name and ordering cardiologist.
- Maintains daily vein procedure and ultrasound logs
- Registered Vascular Technologist (RVT) or Registered Vascular Specialist (RVS)
- Certified by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) or Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI)
- Associate or Bachelor degree desirable
- Minimum of 2 years of clinical experience and ability to work independently.
- Knowledge of the IAC accreditation process helpful but not required
- Working knowledge of OSHA standards and of HIPPA Rules and regulations
- Detail-oriented and meticulous
Cardiology Consultants of Philadelphia provides medical, vision, dental, 401k, profit sharing, LTD, generous PTO, and paid holiday time.