Cardiology Consultants of Philadelphia is a professional medical organization committed to the healing mission of Medicine. CCP specializes in providing comprehensive cardiology care and currently has 40 locations throughout the Philadelphia area.
We are currently hiring for a Care Team Clinical Coordinator.
- Triage – Assist RN/NP to assess patients who present to the office with active and non-active symptoms. Work within scope of certification under the guidance of certification, including obtaining BP, EKG, assessing symptoms and assisting based on providers guidance.
- As required, obtain clinical information from patient to assist Physicians and Nurse Practitioners in making clinical changes/developing plan of care.
- Execute orders for testing, obtain signature from ordering provider.
- Complete FMLA/disability/PA DOT/Placard/FAA form. Obtain signature from provider.
- Contact patients with normal Coumadin instructions.
- Assist RN when needed to obtain clinical information based on guidelines for patients who have abnormal INR levels.
- Document interaction with patients in electronic medical record.
- Collaborate with CCP IT for EMR issues (test/lab results not imported to chart, mismatch name etc).
- Collaborate with Quest, Lab Corp, CCH, Acelis, Biotel issues lab results not imported to chart, including mismatch name etc. Monitor Patients on shared nursing calendars to assure lab work is completed and integrated into EMR. Meet and communicate with 3rd part company/employees/reps to assure proper collaboration.
- Contact laboratories to provide ICD 10 codes to support testing ordered by provider.
- Assist Physician and Nurse Practitioner with placing/adapting orders for home nursing/home infusion companies/hospice care. Obtain required signatures and faxing updated orders.
- Liaison for care team staff (ie. Assisting with questions and workflow process).
- Obtaining and providing orders for mobile phlebotomy company. Monitor order expiration dates.
- Printing overdue INR list biweekly and distributing to care team members.
- Sort clinical faxes located in call center as needed.
- Email changes nurse/care team schedule (out of office).
- Email weekly Active symptom schedule.
- Check MA/provider desktop and address normal INR with MA’s.
- Assist with training new care team staff.
- Share duties staff evaluations/employee discussion forms.
- Must be a Certified Medical Assistant
- Must have 5+ years of experience in Cardiology
- Must have the ability to multitask
- Computer knowledge is a must
- Must be well spoken, friendly, and outgoing
Cardiology Consultants of Philadelphia provides medical, vision, dental, 401k, profit sharing, LTD, generous PTO, and paid holiday time.