Cardiology Consultants of Philadelphia is a professional medical organization committed to the healing mission of Medicine. CCP specializes in providing comprehensive cardiology care and currently has over 40 locations throughout the Philadelphia area.
This specially trained Certified Medical Assistant functions under the direct supervision of the RN on staff. The CMA assists RN with monitoring the dosage and care plan of those patients on Anticoagulation Therapy.
Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Performs patient visit interview and assesses patient’s needs regarding upcoming visits and/or procedures and any current problems with anticoagulant medication.
- Provides patient education on medication interactions with anticoagulants as well as diet instructions and adverse reactions.
- Relays information to cardiologist based on assessment.
- Pulls additional information from hospital, nursing homes and other facilities as needed.
- Makes phone calls to communicate medication dosages and next lab tests to homebound and nursing home patients. Calls overdue patients as a reminder.
- Answers incoming calls and assists patients with questions.
- Utilizes all software programs necessary to document patient’s lab results, history and dosing instructions.
- Weekly Warfarin report, call/document each patient that has not had their INR as directed following the guidelines set for follow up with INR Late Letter, then Certified late letter.
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be a Certified Medical Assistant
- Cardiology experience required
Cardiology Consultants of Philadelphia provides medical, vision, dental, 401k, profit sharing, LTD, generous PTO, and paid holiday time.