Cardiology Consultants of Philadelphia is a professional medical organization committed to the healing mission of Medicine. CCP specializes in providing comprehensive cardiology care and currently has over 40 locations throughout the Philadelphia area.
This specially trained Registered Nurse functions under the direct supervision of the provider on duty. The RN assists the doctor and/or provider with regulating the dosage and care plan of those patients on Anticoagulation Therapy. The RN performs waived laboratory tests, schedules appointments and documents according to established guidelines provided in the CCP Anticoagulation therapy guidelines and algorithms.
- Demonstrates competency through specialized training in INR testing and adjusts dosages of Warfarin as needed to meet the therapeutic target
- Active management of Anticoagulation desktop, phone lines, and voicemails for accurate patient responses
- Provides daily dosage reminder sheet with any changes in dosage written out in direct communication with the patient’s physician
- Document and chart results in EMR system
- Schedules follow-up appointments with Physician or APP if needed
- Perform INR audits of patient sign offs, reporting compliance, etc.
- Calls home health agencies and assisted living facilities with INR results.
- Call pharmacies with any Coumadin refills or new prescription if adjusting the dosage
- Provide new patient education and counseling, as needed
- Follows up with patients that miss INR appointments or fall off schedules but still under cardiologist care
- Obtain discharge summary of recently hospitalized or facility patients and reconcile any changes in the patients Coumadin regimen.
- Keep provider informed of any and all changes in patient results
- Manage and assist other staff with medication administration as needed
- Graduates of an accredited school and currently licensed in the State of Pennsylvania
- Cardiology experience required
- Recent acute care experience and/or medical office/clinic nursing experience
Cardiology Consultants of Philadelphia provides medical, vision, dental, 401k, profit sharing, LTD, generous PTO, and paid holiday time.