Cardiology Consultants of Philadelphia is a professional medical organization committed to the healing mission of Medicine. CCP specializes in providing comprehensive cardiology care and currently has over 40 locations throughout the Philadelphia area.
We are currently hiring for a full time Credentialing Assistant to work at our Center City, Philadelphia, PA location.
The Credentialing Specialist serves as a liaison between the physicians and hospital staff as well as provider relations.
The position is responsible for assisting in the daily operations of credentialing/medical staff affairs to assure the integrity and confidential treatment of all credentialing, re-appointment, and medical staff functions that are coordinated through the department.
The Credentialing Specialist must have the ability to work in a fast-paces environment. Must be able to collaborate with hospital personnel, provider relations, and medical staff members in an effective, sensitive and confidential environment to assure the credentialing process is moving in an effective and efficient manner
- Credentialing Specialist will provide administrative support and related clerical functions which include data entry, faxing, copying, documentation collection and filing.
- Track credentialing and re-credentialing applications to completion of carrier and monitor the status of the applications.
- Process provider enrollment applications which include initial mailing and review
- Assist in the receipt and logging of applications for missing documents
- Follow-up contact to carrier to ensure applications for participation are moving through credentialing in a timely manner
- Assist with credentialing enrollment projects which include; carrier applications, file completion, and data entry of electronic credentialing system.
- Other tasks as may be assigned by the Credentialing Coordinator or their designee
- Experience working with the following programs is recommended; CAQH, PROMISe, and PECOS. Training is available.
- Updating provider databases, such as Availity and LexisNexis
- Assist in completing requests from various insurance companies
- Efficient with Excel and Word is required.
- Must have the ability to multitask
- Computer knowledge is a must
- Must be well spoken, friendly, and outgoing
- College student preferred
Cardiology Consultants of Philadelphia provides medical, vision, dental, 401k, profit sharing, LTD, generous PTO, and paid holiday time