Cardiology Consultants of Philadelphia is a professional medical organization committed to the healing mission of Medicine. CCP specializes in providing comprehensive Cardiology care and currently has over 40 locations throughout the Philadelphia area.
Primary Job Duties
- Perform daily scheduling optimization protocols to ensure imaging schedules are at the highest capacity level possible at all times and nuclear imaging orders are scheduled correctly based on insurance approval and physician ordering.
- Frequent review of future schedules for opportunities to bump up appointments in order to free up future slots and ensure highest capacity of arrivals for current schedules as possible.
- Daily review of admin hold reports to ensure all orders have a corresponding appointment scheduled or scheduling outreach documentation to patients.
- Develop a thorough understanding both clinical and clerical imaging process details, preparations and testing overview to become a resource for patients throughout the scheduling and scanning process.
- Assess and resolve/escalate patient issues that would delay studies
- Complete interval reminders to patients prior to appointment to ensure preparation compliance and prevent no shows.
- Improve the arrival rates for imaging schedules by handling all cancellation or rescheduling requests and offering alternatives to our patients to guarantee arrival including:
- Maintain an understanding of the insurance prior authorization process (and be cross trained) for all nuclear and cardiac pharmacological imaging orders for the practice in order to optimize short notice scheduling attempts and reworking of schedule for authorization delays.
- Review of all orders and corresponding patient charts for upcoming appointments to ensure a medically necessary diagnosis is listed to prevent denial of payer reimbursement.
- Involved in post procedure billing issues that require input for resolution
- Additional duties as required based on the site’s volume and structure.
- Must have experience in a medical office setting
- Must have knowledge of different insurances
- Must have the ability to multitask
- Computer knowledge is a must
- Experience with an EMR system is a plus
- Must be well spoken, friendly, and outgoing
Cardiology Consultants of Philadelphia provides 401k.