Cardiology Consultants of Philadelphia is a professional medical organization committed to the healing mission of Medicine. CCP specializes in providing comprehensive cardiology care and currently has over 40 locations throughout the Philadelphia area.
We are currently hiring for a full time Advanced Practice Provider.
The physician extender and assists in coordinating all aspects of patient care. The physician extender is committed to providing high-quality, patient centered care. They are responsible for assessing, planning, implementing, evaluating, and documenting patient care, oftentimes advising patients on health maintenance and disease prevention or providing case management. In addition, the APP will be involved with stress testing as well.
- Manage the care of patients with cardiovascular conditions, in the office and the hospital, in collaboration with cardiologists.
- Consult with patients by phone to manage on-going cardiovascular issues
- Supervise treadmill and pharmacological stress testing (PET-CT, SPECT, Echocardiogram)
- Interpret 12-lead electrocardiograms and other cardiovascular reports, and manage care accordingly
- Monitor, evaluate, and co-manage heart failure patients with CardioMems PA Pressure devices
Masters prepared as an acute care nurse practitioner or physician assistant
- Pennsylvania licensure as an ACNP or PA-C
- BLS and ACLS required
- Ability to effectively and courteously communicate and work in partnership with cardiologists, other APPs, medical assistants/ technicians, and administrative staff.
- Knowledge and application of guideline-directed medical therapy in the field of cardiology
- Prefer 2-3 years of experience in cardiovascular care, but will consider new graduates with clinical cardiology training
- Prefer experience with, or interest in, pacemakers, CRT, ICD, and internal arrhythmia monitoring
- Must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a Cardiology
- Must have the ability to multitask
- Must be familiar with medical emergencies brought on by stress testing and react accordingly.
- Computer knowledge is a must
- Experience with an EMR system
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
Cardiology Consultants of Philadelphia provides medical, vision, dental, 401k, profit sharing, LTD, generous PTO, and paid holiday time.