· Know and understand all procedure orders for Electrophysiology/TEE/EVAR
· Coordinate scheduling with Preadmission testing, Electrophysiology Catheterization Laboratory , and OR scheduling
· Call patient and give instructions for procedures, making sure they have their lab slips and know when to get everything done.
· Order Pre procedure testing
· Contrast dye allergy- need to know what medication to order and when
· Track down laboratory results and chest xrays and scan to chart
· Add lab results to flow sheet in EMR
· Follow up with physician with all test results prior to procedure
· Knowledge of different anticoagulants and whether they need to be discontinued or added prior to procedure.
· Obtain precertification with the insurance company
· Fax clinical information
· Communication with ordering Physician
· Make sure referrals are in and request them for the hospital.
· Complete all forms to include, patient demographics, insurance information, Procedure ordered, Prior authorization information, pre procedure hydration orders and instruction, and access point for catheterization
· Follow up post procedure to check on labwork when patients are on Metformin and /or have renal disease
· Make sure reports are scanned into chart and complete orders.
· Follow up with admin hold and in process reports to complete orders
· Must have the ability to fill in for the Cath scheduler. Need to have knowledge of that position to be able to cover when needed.
· Cardiology experience is a plus
Electrophysiology device knowledge is a plus
· Knowledge of Hospital and Procedure scheduling
· Experience with an EMR system is a plus
· Must have the ability to multitask