Cardiology Consultants of Philadelphia is a professional medical organization committed to the healing mission of Medicine. CCP specializes in providing comprehensive Cardiology care and currently has over 40 locations throughout the Philadelphia area.
We are currently hiring for a full time Procedure Scheduler.
- Know and understand all procedure orders for Electrophysiology/TEE/EVAR
- Coordinate scheduling with Preadmission testing, Electrophysiology Catheterization Laboratory , and OR scheduling
- Call patient and give instructions for procedures, making sure they have their lab slips and know when to get everything done.
- Order Pre procedure testing
- Contrast dye allergy- need to know what medication to order and when
- Track down laboratory results and chest xrays and scan to chart
- Add lab results to flow sheet in EMR
- Follow up with physician with all test results prior to procedure
- Knowledge of different anticoagulants and whether they need to be discontinued or added prior to procedure.
- Obtain precertification with the insurance company
- Fax clinical information
- Communication with ordering Physician
- Make sure referrals are in and request them for the hospital.
- Complete all forms to include, patient demographics, insurance information, Procedure ordered, Prior authorization information, pre procedure hydration orders and instruction, and access point for catheterization
- Follow up post procedure to check on labwork when patients are on Metformin and /or have renal disease
- Make sure reports are scanned into chart and complete orders.
- Follow up with admin hold and in process reports to complete orders
- Must have the ability to fill in for the Cath scheduler. Need to have knowledge of that position to be able to cover when needed.
- Cardiology experience is a plus
- Electrophysiology device knowledge is a plus
- Knowledge of Hospital and Procedure scheduling
- Experience with an EMR system is a plus
- Must have the ability to multitask
- Must be detail oriented and well organized
Cardiology Consultants of Philadelphia provides medical, vision, dental, 401k, profit sharing, LTD, generous PTO, and paid holiday time