We’re committed to keeping our patients informed—even before they’ve made their first office visit.
Below you’ll find all the information you need to help you prepare for your appointment, obtain a referral, and request medical records. Please contact your office location directly if you have any further questions.
· All patients will receive a temporary password or PIN in order to protect their information
· Go to the PORTAL LOGIN tab on the CCP Website (top right or under QUICK LINKS): enter your email address and the temporary password or PIN
· When logging in for the first time, the temporary password will need to be changed on the account and security questions will need to be selected to complete the registration process
· Contact your local CCP office to assist you.
· On the patient portal sign in page, click on the “I forgot my password” link and answer the security questions to verify your identity.
· If you cannot remember the answers to your security questions and/or are still having difficulty, call your local CCP office and they will assist you.
· If you receive this error message: “We're sorry, an error prevents this page from being displayed.” Return to the patient portal home page and try again.
· If you are still having difficulty contact your local CCP office.
You will find any forms that you will need before visiting us.
VIEW ALL FORMS
In order to help make your visit a pleasant experience, we are going to ask you to supply a few things to us in advance of your appointment. Please use this area to help you best prepare for your appointment.
Welcome, new patients, to America’s largest independent Cardiology practice. Here’s where you’ll find standard pre-appointment forms you can either print out to bring to our offices or send directly to us via email.
To request a confidential copy of test results, either electronically or by mail, simply follow the instructions listed here.
To determine whether your CCP provider is in your network or to answer other health insurance-related questions and forms, you’ve come to the right page.